Complete responsibility for the operating of a single unit. This position involves decision making and management for personnel, sales/marketing, and general appearance of a store.
Starting pay - Store Managers and Food Service Managers - based on experience.
- Recruits and selects store employees. This process includes interviewing and conducting reference checks. Hires store employees, as necessary, with District Manager Approval.
- Counsels employees on performance issues and conducts performance appraisals. Recommends merit increases, promotions, demotions, and terminations for store employees to District Manager. Assigns job duties to store employees and ensures assignments are com
- Makes schedule for store employees
- Ensures in-store communication. Communicates details of all merchandise programs to all store associates.
- Checks identification for restricted sales and teaches all employees to do the same.
- Maintains inventory and orders items using Friendly Express guidelines.
- Ensures vendor deliveries are checked-in using company guidelines.
- Enforces effective vendor relation and addresses vendor problems as necessary.
- Makes sure all monies are deposited daily and reports are sent to the data entry department in a timely manner.
- Monitors activity within store to observe quality of customer service and provide assistance as required.
- Provides extraordinary customer service.
- Reports immediately all cash shortages to the District Manager.
- Resolves customer complaints when possible. Notifies appropriate management of any unresolved complaints.
- Ensures the accuracy and addresses discrepancies in daily, weekly, and monthly store reports, including (but not limited to) shift analysis, merchandise reports, inventory control logs, competitive gasoline price surveys, markdowns, cigarette counts and en
- Rings customer sales using cash register. Receive money, gives correct change, as needed, and provides customer with receipt. Refunds cash for returned merchandise and/or exchanges merchandise.
- Ensures that proper shift change procedures are followed, such as ensuring money is cash drawer is counted at the beginning and the end of a shift.
- Uses special equipment to process specialty products, such as money orders, credit card purchases, checks, and lottery sales and redemptions and that store employees are trained to do the same.
- Completes, or ensures the completion of bad merchandise form to assist with inventory control. Returns designated unsold merchandise to appropriate vendor.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of store equipment. Contacts appropriate District Manager and/or Maintenance Department as necessary.
- Ensures all areas of store and surrounding grounds are neat, clean, and organized.
- Ensures that store is in compliance with health code requirements related to food service handling based on local, state and federal requirements.
- Ensures that robbery and incident prevention procedures are followed.
- Meets regularly with District Manager to discuss store issues.
- Reports all workers’ comp and customer accidents in a timely manner.
- Responsible for inventory control not to exceed 1.5% of sales.
- Oversees the branded food operations in appropriates stores. Should have adequate knowledge to run in times of need.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned to accommodate store operational needs.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate preferred.
- One to three months experience preferred
- Basic language and mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Polite, friendly attitude to deal pleasantly with customers.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Normal working conditions require standing for operation of cash register and sufficient physical strength and flexibility to bag merchandise, stock, sweep, mop, empty trash, lift up to 20 lbs., clean parking lot,
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as scheduled.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in the job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Friendly Express, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.